Recipe: Easy Herbed Tortilla Chips
I tried this out for the first time last week and it has quickly become an all time favourite in this little household of two. I’ve made these tortilla chips at least 10 times so far and have already whipped it out for guests!
A friend even said he’s going to make them for his girlfriend for brownie points! She’s gluten free and into healthy eating, so a quick change of the base and this would be perfect for her 😉
The idea for these crispy little morsels came about when I was at Sassorosso (a tasty little Italian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) and was given a bread basket containing something of this sort of shape and taste in it. After that, I was determined to diy and make my own!
Anyways, here are the basics of what you will need:
- Tortilla wraps – for the base (really you could use any this bread like base, pita bread would work great as well!)
- Olive oil
- Herbs and spices – garlic salt, basil and oregeno
You can add a heap of other spices to this and custom make it to your tastes. The pictures show the batch I made with pepper and chili flakes for an extra kick in the face of flavour.
The most important ingredient would be the garlic salt. If you can’t find this, chicken salt would also work.
And here is what to do…
1. Cut the tortilla wraps into triangles (or whatever shape you like really) – to me this is the most easily edible shape
2. Place foil on a baking tray and preheat oven at 170 degrees Celsius.
3. Place tortilla triangles on the tray, make sure they don’t overlap.
4. Brush the olive oil onto each triangle, make sure to coat all the edges, we don’t want that to burn.
5. Sprinkle all your herbs and spices over the triangles.
6. Place into oven for 7-10 minutes or until a golden brown colour.
…Annddd your’re done!
Super quick, super simple, and a perfect appetizer for any upcoming parties for the holiday season 😉