Home & Food
Recipe: Banana Blueberry Muffins
I’ve been experimenting heaps with trying to perfect my banana bread. But I get a little bored of plain banana bread when I make it so often so I decided to make little changes here and there in the process of getting to the perfect banana bread.
Here I’ve turned the banana bread into a muffin and added blueberries – banana blueberry muffins! I was quite pleased with the results and am pretty sure this should turn out similarly in bread pan form.
I’ve used a a slightly different method in the sequence of adding ingredients than before and I think that has contributed to the rise adn consistency.
6 large muffins
|2 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1tsp||vanilla essence / powder (optional)|
|60g||Brown Sugar (*Farin på Norsk) – I occasionally reduce the sugar content down to 140g|
|125ml (1/2 cup)||Milk|
|200ml||Bananas (3-4 small ones or 2 large ones)|
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius fan forced for 10-15 minutes and prepare muffin trays or cups.
2. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add one beaten egg at a time to creamed sugar and mix thoroughly with a whisk. The mixture should now be very creamy.
4. Mash bananas and mix with milk in a separate pouring jug.
5. Mix flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl.
6. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the banana mixture to the main bowl. Do this in 3 or 4 portions and make sure to sift the dry ingredients and fold each portion carefully into the main mixture. Use a whisk.
Rememeber not to not overwork the mixture. I find using a whisk is the best utensil for folding everything in quickly and gently.
This step of adding the banana and dry ingredients last and alternatively is quite important in getting the right consistency.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. You can check by sticking a toothpick it and having it come out clean.
Remove muffins from tray and let cool on a rack. We don’t want to still be ‘cooking’ them while they’re in the tray.
This is a very quick recipe and I loved the outcome.
I’ve already shared these little lovelies with friends and family and they love it!