On Saturday I went bouldering at Lactic again. It was not the most successful session, my hands were still slightly munted from climbing the week before so it was a short one.
My friend was late to this session as he was preparing chocolate coated strawberries for our after climb snack!
In case anyone was wondering how to do this at home, its super simple and much cheaper than going to your neighbourhood cafe or chocolatier.
- Chocolate pellets / chips / cooking chocolate / generally any kind of chocolate will do
- Small pot / saucepan
- Bowl that sits nicely into the top of the pot/saucepan
- Separate plate
- Fill the pot to about halfway with water
- Boil the water
- Place the bowl/plate into the saucepan
- Place the chocolate into the bowl
- It will take about 5 minutes or so for the chocolate to melt. (The steam which the boiling water creates will heat the place and melt the chocolate)
- Once the chocolate is melted, turn off the heat
- Coat the strawberries in the melted chocolate and either hold each one for a while until the chocolate hardens or place them on a separate plate to harden on their own
Enjoy the strawberries! 😉