I’ve had this incessant need to sew in the last week so I thought I’d share one of my projects.
If you’ve been keeping up with my outfit posts, you will realise I have this favourite little vest that I love to layer my ensembles with.
So… Funky fabric + Frequently worn vest = DIY project!
It’s a fairly simple pattern that involves little sewing.
- Favourite vest
- Sewing machine
- Template material (craft paper/cardboard/etc)
- Fabric and lining material
- Marking tool (pen/chalk/etc.)
- Outline the back piece and the two front pieces onto craft paper/cardboard/canvas (making a template).
- Remember to leave room at the edges to sew.
- Outline the template onto the main fabric and the lining – you should have 3 pieces in the fabric and 3 in the lining – 6 pieces all up.
- Match up the lining and the main fabric with correct sides facing each other
- Sew all edges except the shoulder edge and sides i.e. where the back and front pieces will be assembled.
- Turn the pieces right side out and sew along the edge of each piece for rigidity.
- You should now have 3 pieces ready to be assembled.
- Assemble – sew sides, sew shoulders… Done!