After taking inspiration from Honestly WTF, I found a use for my large Miyuki seed beads!
The waxed linen is almost a must as it will make threading and keeping everything in place so much easier.
1. Cut two pieces of thread
2. fold them in half side by side
3. knot the folded end
4. Cut off one strand – there should now be three strands
5. Tape down the top and braid a little way
6. Place a bead on the furthest left strand, place the strand over the middle strand
7. Place a bead on the furthest right strand, place the strand over the middle strand (which was originally the first strand)
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until desired length, braid the end
9. Thread two strands through one hole and the remaining strand through the second hole
10. Tie a knot on the other side of the button to secure the end
11. Trim the excess thread
Worn with DIY Tribal Wrap Bracelet and pyrite bracelet by Sportsgirl
These are super easy and I find quite find quite fun to make. I absolutely love Miyuki beads too, the colours they come in are just beautiful.
If you like them too, make some! I would love to see your take on this project. Alternatively, if you are not the making type, you can get these from my Etsy store too.